Head of Rider & Restaurant Kit Supply Chain
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Head of Rider & Restaurant Kit you will have the opportunity to manage a global supply chain with direct impact on our Riders and Restaurants. While we have some practices in place, your role will be to implement an end-to-end solution for managing ordering, inventory and accountability amongst our suppliers. Importantly, you will also be the conduit to work with key stakeholders in our business to build confidence in the reliability and flexibility of our supply chain to meet business demands.
This role is an unique opportunity to develop a function within Deliveroo that has seen significant change and growth over the past two years. The kit that we provide our Riders ensures that they can do their jobs safely while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our restaurant kit is also fundamental to our restaurant partners success on our platform. Managing the team that coordinates the provision of kit from manufacturers to each of our markets throughout the world requires experience in global supply chain, inventory management and a strong desire to creatively find solutions to the unique requirements of Deliveroo.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of 5-6 people internally working on Restaurant & Rider Kit, Systems and Logistics that distributes annually over 1.5M units of apparel to our 110,000+ Riders and tech equipment to our 140,000+ restaurants globally
- Implement a sophisticated system to drive visibility of our inventory in each of our warehouses throughout the world, improve the forecasting of inventory needs and purchasing processes
- Ensure our suppliers meet Deliveroo’s standards for labour practices, safety, quality and environmental impact
- Develop a strategy that optimizes for cost, availability and minimizes business risk
- Experience in implementing process and controls in a complex supply chain, ideally with direct experience in apparel
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for supply chain management systems
- Ability to collaborate across functions and build consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact.
- Knowledge of legislation and technical standards for goods manufacturing and importing
- Understanding of Deliveroo’s business and how supply chain impacts performance
- Strong analytical skills; able to interpret data and make decisions; even if all facts are not available
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.