When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, your role is to guide the Rider Lifecycle team in their mission to provide a market-leading experience for all Deliveroo riders. You will be challenged to think ‘outside of the box’ and strategically drive efficiencies in processes while leading Deliveroo’s approach to rider safety and compliance.
Deliveroo is operating at the forefront of the future ways of working, and the riders who choose to partner with us are paramount to this. The Rider Lifecycle Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping the rider experience. It is your responsibility to ensure that rider needs are at the core of our business!
You will be an integral part of the Operations Management team. True passion for our business and excellent communication and stakeholder management skills are a must. We like to move fast, and so should you.
Day to day, your role will include:
- Team building and management - managing and mentoring the Support+Supply and Content+Engagement teams, providing continuous feedback, personal growth plans, stretch targets and guidance
- Process Optimisation - create streamlined processes to provide a market-leading rider experience in a lean and effective structure. These processes can range from rider marketing and onboarding to event management and CRM
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement - Deliveroo is a rapidly growing business. You will be responsible for keeping up with the needs of this changing business and continually scope new and impactful projects
- Third Party Relationship Management - maintaining the relationships with both compliance and insurance service providers and government agencies, working to ensure the best results for our riders and Deliveroo
- Mitigate risk - systematically review all rider content and processes to ensure that all compliance requirements are met
- Budget Management & Reporting - tracking the budget and performance of the rider lifecycle team to ensure that targets and projects are on track as well as using reporting to identify key areas of focus that need to be addressed
- Global Stakeholder Management - representing the Australian function of Support, Supply and Engagement amongst the global markets and facilitate change to drive impact to the business on both a local and global level
Skills you'll need:
- People Manager - manage a team of highly skilled individuals of diverse levels
- Willing to get your hands dirty - ready to jump into the detail while maintaining an overarching view of the team’s direction
- Collaborator and strong communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. You use empathy when working with others and are able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- A logical, methodical, detail-oriented process builder - you need to think through, very methodically, how to execute on a process and consider the potential pitfalls
- Experienced project manager with a track record of ‘getting it done’ - manage multiple projects in a structured and logical way & know when you have enough insight to make-a-call, making rapid high-quality decisions
- Big picture person - Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness
- 20 days of Annual Holiday Leave plus public holidays
- After 2 complete years of service: + 1 day
- After 4 complete years of service: + 1 day
- Health & wellbeing
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- LinkedIn Learning: access to hundreds of learning tutorials to aid your personal development
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Diversity and life at Deliveroo:
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.