When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
In 5 short years, we have become the #1 food delivery platform with coverage across 38 zones in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories. We have the best three sided marketplace working with over 7,000 partners, including the top restaurant groups and local gems, and 6,000 active riders. Most importantly, we’re just getting started!
About the Role
The Business Strategy Associate will report directly to the Business Strategy Lead and will work on the following:
- Look after the medium-to-long term projects and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward
- Identify areas of strategic interest and improvements within the business and frame approaches to tackle them - acting as our internal strategy consultant
- Draw analysis from complex data sets to summarize learnings and recommendations to the management team
- Work with the team to refine existing mechanism on performance tracking to ensure the Head of Departments not only have access to accurate and timely information but are made aware of any trends
- Develop favorable relations with the key players of the team locally and centrally in order to influence and collaborate with them on initiatives and bring new strategies to life
- Support the Business Strategy Lead and Head of Departments with the quarterly and annual reforecasting/budgeting process
- Help with quarterly KPI setting and tracking, and motivate the teams and involved parties to stay on top of deadlines
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate has a track record of delivering strong analytical results, can work to tight deadlines and has a bias for action working in a fast-paced ambiguous environment. We are looking for someone who can juggle many projects at once!
- 2-4 years work experience, ideally with at least 2 years professional experience in finance, investment banking, consulting, or start-up
- Understanding of P&L and can demonstrate strong analytical achievements and confidence with numbers
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence HQ and local market stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excel at solving unstructured problems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of SQL and Python
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or having worked in any customer-obsessed business
- Fluency in Cantonese
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Gym subsidy
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.