Finance Associate, Procurement
This is a varied, fast-paced role where you will play a key role supporting the managers coordinating the purchase, transport and timely delivery of all restaurant and rider kit across our warehouses globally. The Deliveroo Supply Chain is constantly evolving to meet Deliveroo’s needs. Identifying and delivering appropriate solutions, whilst continuing to drive efficiency and process improvement is critical.
Working as part of a dynamic team within the Finance Organisation, you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain. You will be trusted to work autonomously in the team, with work streams that can be ambiguous. You should be comfortable to contribute in defining ways of working and driving greater efficiencies.
You’ll also work very closely with the following stakeholders:
- Accounting - Take the lead in managing our Purchase Orders, Invoicing and Payments across all of our suppliers ensuring accuracy in accounting and timely payment to suppliers
- Internal Budget Holders - You will be a liason with both our Marketing and Commercial teams to outline spending versus budget
- Local Markets - work with local teams to understand and deliver on their requirements.
- Logistics and Warehousing Providers - manage 3PL’s to ensure supply chain continuity is maintained and service levels are met.
- Rider Kit Strategy - partner with Deliveroo operational teams to understand, support and execute strategic plans.
- Restaurant Kit Strategy - partner with Restaurant onboarding teams to execute strategic plans.
What you’ll be doing
- Execute supply plans practically: managing POs and inventory, remaining keenly aware of implications across other parts of the business.
- Ensure stock accuracy and visibility within a mostly unintegrated/automated system infrastructure
- Manage multiple cross-functional work streams effectively, with a stakeholder-centric focus.
- Drive new selection launches across supply chain, working closely with operational teams to maximise efficiencies and presenting updates to senior management
You’ll be a great fit if you are:
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You’ll be working on executing supply plans in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Speed and accuracy are equally important; as is challenging your colleagues when you identify situations where lack of clarity will have a potential supply chain impact
- ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved; you should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions where required
- DECISIVE AND ACTION-ORIENTED: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You will also need to recommend courses of action and be able to bring colleagues along with you in order to execute successfully
- Has 1+ years experience in an operational role in a high growth startup, logistics firm or retailer (ideally supply chain, but could be purchasing, sourcing, supplier project management or similar)
- Has very strong Excel modelling skills and database experience
- Has understanding of P&L / accounting familiarity
- Has a deep desire to solve and dive deep into real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions; but can also roll their sleeves up and get involved in high volumes of transactional work
- Can prioritise effectively across multiple workstreams
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to inspire a bias for action
- Provide support to internal teams with market information, updating key sheets and managing weekly updates
- Help to create joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the suppliers you support directly
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.