Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for Care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
Care is Deliveroo’s dedicated cross-functional group focused on driving market-leading recovery and support for all sides of the marketplace. Formed of engineers, data scientists, UX designers, product managers and partners including Performance, Policy, Workforce Management and Agent Operations. Our vision is to provide simple, tailored and rapid solutions that ensure smooth experiences and maintain high-trust in the marketplace across our consumer, restaurant and rider partners.
We are seeking an experienced product manager to head up this domain and play an integral role in achieving our company’s growth plans.
As Group Product Manager for this area you will:
- Be responsible for defining the long term product strategy for the Care (proactive recovery and reactive support) experiences we provide for our consumers, riders and restaurants. Work within a cross-functional technical team of engineers, data scientists, data engineers, UX designers and Operations partners to execute on that product vision by building new experiences for our users and capabilities for the business.
- Ensure that consumers’, riders’ and restaurants experiences with Deliveroo Care are consistently high-bar and hit our three goals of providing simple, fast and tailored outcomes for users.
- Drive the product vision across our channel/experience mix:
- Proactive, pre-support recovery experiences and experiments;
- In-app self-serve experiences;
- Agent-driven voice and chat experiences;
- Infrastructure and tooling across the above mix (policy engine and experimentation platform, routing capabilities, automation technologies, etc.)
- Use rapid experimentation to find new experience improvement opportunities to enhance our proposition.
- Collaborate closely with the Care Operations team to leverage technology to improve operational processes through automation and create stronger decision-making capabilities.
- Collaborate closely with Data Science and Performance to improve the quality of measurement, drive structured performance management through clear reporting and make data-informed trade-offs to maximise the impact of spend and execution.
Your key stakeholders are the VP Care, Director of Product for Payments, Care & Trust and Care Operations Partners.
- Have previous, proven success as a Product Manager.
- Have a track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans.
- Have experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams.
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount.
- Are highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning.
Preferred, but not essential
- Have previous experience in building best-in-class, user-focused Care experiences
- Have experience directly managing other product managers
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.