When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
This role is based in the Rider Supply and Support Team, who are responsible for maintaining a positive experience for Deliveroo riders from the time they hit “Apply”. We are in charge of providing 360 degree assistance to queries and guarantee the best possible riding experience with Deliveroo.
Rider Supply + Support Representatives have the ability to diagnose problems and efficiently execute processes. They are computer literate, quick to pick-up new software and comfortable solving problems with data backed solutions. Most importantly, they have a desire to get it done and understand the necessity of getting their hands dirty with execution.
You'll be ambitious, energetic, target-driven and help keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
The role will be full time based in our Melbourne Head Office on a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Managing the applicant funnels and onboarding experience
- Completing document verification and compliance checks to ensure applicants have the required licences and documentation to onboard with Deliveroo
- Work closely with third-party service providers to ensure that our onboarding processes stay on track
- Creating accounts for successful applicants
- Managing inbound queries from applicants and riders via email and phone
- Keeping riders happy by providing excellent customer service
- Identifying and understanding key issues based on applicant and rider feedback then filtering this to relevant stakeholders for action
- Assist the rider payments team with rider administration, adjustments and data entry
- Supporting the implementation and communication of new processes to drive efficiency within the team
- Handling difficult conversations and coordinating responses to escalations as well as working to improve our escalation processes
- Assisting with team projects when needed whether it be within Operations or provides the opportunity to work cross functionally with other departments
- Be a team player who gets stuck into day-to-day support when needed, attending rider events and any other ad hoc tasks that can help our riders thrive.
Skills you’ll need:
- An eye for detail to drive process improvements whilst decreasing spend;
- Takes initiative to identify and develop opportunities for efficiency;
- Clear and engaging communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
- Ability to deliver complex messages and explain concepts clearly and succinctly to a diverse audience using the appropriate tone in any situation
- A good level of IT competence
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong history in administrative work or a similar skill set that demonstrates attention to detail
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.