When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you will be doing:
As a key member of the in-country team, you will work closely with the General Manager, department leads, local teams, as well as with central teams based in London (ie. Performance Marketing, Business Intelligence) to design marketing plans that achieve aligned commercial objectives.
You will need to be a leader in a high-performing team tasked with having a strong, data-driven understanding of the country’s overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a deep understanding of priority customer segments. You and your team will leverage these insights to effectively partner with central teams and influence the global growth strategy.
You'll ensure implementation of central channels reflects your latest local commercial priorities, competitive landscape and customer insights. Critically, you are also accountable for expert localisation of the global marketing strategy and delivering on-the-ground execution of the highest standard as well as defining our local business strategy, working with peers and the GM.
Overall, you will drive demand generation campaigns and leverage the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers and drive weekly active customers. Throughout, you will adopt a test-and-learn approach to continuously enhance executional impact and efficiency. You'll always be seeking innovative opportunities to drive positive commercial impact and create “cut-through” in your channels.
- Lead a high-performing local marketing team, nurture talent, recognise strengths and development opportunities, and ensure the right pathways to growth
- Optimise team structure and ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Execute the national marketing strategy, working closely with country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Ensure a deep understanding of the local market proposition to enhance global assets, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Deliver integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through the management of local marketing budget, applying the learnings of the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels from your best work and the work of other markets.
- Monitor and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test-and-learn to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer, whilst working collaboratively and cross-functionally with local country management and HQ teams
Skills you'll need:
- 5 years experience managing high performing teams in a fast paced environment
- Extensive online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns
- B2C marketing expertise required; fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix - including brand, media buying, design, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships
- Superb analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions that deliver results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to drive alignment amongst multiple stakeholders across levels for solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
- Growth mindset and a bias towards test-and-learn approaches
- Experience of a dynamic and unstructured work environments with the ability to stay calm and collected in moments of ambiguity
- Committed people leader, with experience building high-performing teams
- Willingness to travel (15-30% of the time - across the local market and to HQ) as well as participate in global meetings and calls that regularly fall outside regular office hours.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting company changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Group lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19, benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office in early 2021.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.