People & Facilities Associate - 12 month maternity leave cover
Proposed start date: February
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you will be doing:
Your role will be supporting the Head of People and wider business in day to day administration support and guidance on people and facilities related matters. You will be the go to person for the business when it comes to systems ensuring that our records are up to date at all times through regular auditing. Each day will be different to the next and there will always be process improvements and different initiatives to contribute across both the people team, facilities and wider business. You will be passionate about people, employee engagement and having a lot of fun whilst learning new skills and coming up with solutions to everyday challenges to drive the business forward.
You will love administration, have a great eye for detail, be solution focused, tech savvy and have a willingness to get in and get things done!
Day to day, you will be:
- Working closely with the Head of People to design effective solutions to support our team across all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Manage and maintain our employee data through Workday, conducting regular auditing to ensure we have accurate records at our fingertips.
- Partner with our global payroll team to ensure accurate and timely processing of multi-state payroll and time tracking via Deputy on a fortnightly basis.
- Focusing on continuous improvement by reviewing processes and recommending solutions through to execution to provide a world class people function
- Manage the employee hiring process; create contracts and send out welcome emails, ensure employees are set up for Day 1 including systems and equipment, work closely with people leaders to define onboarding and run introduction sessions in their first week.
- Manage the employee offboarding process including conducting exit interviews
- Provide administration support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner
- Assist with mitigating employee relation issues while adhering to company policies and local laws
- Plan, manage and execute on team events, supporting the business to foster team comradery through regular social events
- Manage the facilities inbox and support our offices across Australia to ensure their working environment enables them to work effectively including space planning and office relocations where required
- Ownership of the accounts payable function of the Australian business; liaising with suppliers, raising PO’s and following up on payments with our London finance team.
- Vendor and Budget Management including sourcing, invoicing, planning, and maintaining good relationships with vendors.
- Work closely with our central IT team based in London to ensure that we are managing our asset register and supporting our teams locally on the ground with any equipment issues.
- Preparation of presentations, budgets and excel spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of credit card statements, reviewing spend across the business and assist general management with adhoc duties as required
Skills you'll need:
You’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn and challenge the status quo. You will have top notch people skills with bags of emotional intelligence and be willing to support our team all over Australia.
- 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast paced changing environment
- Driven and proactive individual
- Experience working with Workday preferred but not essential
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and / or Google Suite
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with payroll in Australia preferred
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and pivot to changing priorities
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting company changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Group lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.