Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
Your role will be supporting the Head of People and wider business in day to day administration support and guidance on people related matters. You will be the go to person for the business when it comes to systems ensuring that our records are up to date at all times through regular auditing. Each day will be different to the next and there will always be process improvements and different initiatives to contribute across both the people team and wider business. You will be passionate about people, employee engagement and having a lot of fun whilst learning new skills and coming up with solutions to everyday challenges to drive the business forward.
You will have a great eye for detail, be solution focused, tech savvy and have a willingness to get in and get stuff done!
- Manage and maintain our HR systems ensuring we have accurate information at our fingertips, experience with workday preferred but not essential
- Support employee lifecycle management i.e. onboarding and offboarding
- Design and execute employee engagement initiatives
- Create and deliver training sessions
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and line managers, explaining policies and procedures in a timely and effective manner
- Assist with mitigating employee relation issues while adhering to company policies and local laws
- Review processes and implementing changes - always challenging the status quo to provide a world class people function
- Collaborate with People team to plan, manage and execute events
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- 4 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast paced changing environment
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and continuously changing priorities
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest person
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around