When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing
As an Account Manager, you will split your time between being an AM for ODC (On Demand Convenience) and for restaurants. You will be responsible for the success of our ODC "Dream Brand" portfolio and other restaurant accounts, to ensure the best experience for our Deliveroo users and to bring the best business approach to our various ODC Partners and Restaurants.
Your objective as an Account Manager is to build a solid and sustainable foundation for our application: to perform on "input metrics" both on the performance of the account(s) (number of net orders realised, preparation time, etc) but also on other levers such as the operational part (rejects, missing items, management of particular orders with the Riders teams, etc) as well as the level of commitment of the Partner (reporting, analysis, weekly meetings, minutes, etc).
In a nutshell you will :
- Split your time 50% ODC / 50% Restaurants Account Manager ;
- Hunt, develop, grow our ODC partners (existing and new ones) ;
- Manage an OPS ODC ;
- Participate actively in formulating and implementing strategic, tactical and account plans for these accounts ;
- Manage the portfolio accounts on a relational, financial and project-based perspectives ;
- Connect and create close cooperation with the Field Sales organization and local Marketing ;
- Negotiate (local) contracts with our own partners ;
- Collect & communicate market insights.
- At least 2 years of experience as an Account Manager
- You are motivated to manage your own market for Deliveroo and make it grow
- You feel comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- You are proactive in your relations with your contacts. You love being in the field and you are involved in everything that is operational within your perimeter
- You work in full autonomy, you are curious and eager to learn more about all aspects of Deliveroo and its industry in order to acquire skills and knowledge very quickly and become an expert in the field
- You have a strong team spirit and are able to share your good practices and be a source of ideas for your department and your colleagues
- You have a strong appetite for entrepreneurship, food and operations
- You have an excellent analytical and synthetic mind
- You are fluent in French, Dutch and English
Benefits and Diversity
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.