We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, responsible for driving joint growth objectives with some of our most important restaurant partners. This role reports to the UK Head of Marketing Planning, and is based remotely (during lockdown measures); in London thereafter.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker. S/he will be experienced in managing marketing partnerships and have a broad knowledge and understanding of the marketing channel mix. S/he will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail.
What you'll be doing:
Responsible for ensuring that we effectively showcase our restaurant partners in our marketing, and maximise awareness of Deliveroo where relevant in theirs. With selected larger partners, work collaboratively to create strategically informed, 360 joint marketing plans, and execute and report on these flawlessly.
For our small and medium restaurant partners, create scalable, effective marketing solutions through all channels, with an understanding of how/where to position different types of restaurants to drive maximum growth (these are D2C campaigns). This will mean working in close partnership with our brand and commercial teams to create and manage marketing toolkits and processes, ultimately maximising awareness of Deliveroo, and driving orders for both parties.
- Maintain brilliant partnerships: Work closely with our Commercial team to build and maintain relationships with some of our most important restaurants. Take an active lead in collaborating with restaurants to build detailed 360 annual plans across ATL, promotions, targeted comms and in-app experience, championing Deliveroo strategy and delivering growth objectives for restaurants. Be the point person to set joint business plans and strategy, maintain relationships and lead project management of execution.
- Drive insight-led strategy: Work on technicolour insight around restaurants, telling stories with data and building strategy based on this.
- Take the lead on managing scalable and effective toolkits: Working cross-functionally across Commercial teams and internal marketing channels to create opportunities to market multiple restaurants (showcasing selection at Deliveroo), and to drive awareness and orders for our restaurant partners.
- Take an analytical approach: Our industry moves fast - so this role will need to keep a relentless focus on how to segment and understand our restaurant partner base to maximise growth.
- Utilise data-driven decision making to continuously iterate and improve the performance of our activity
- Make marketing more accessible: Work with the product team to understand how we can create different marketing features on the app for promotions, demonstrate the value of these through test-and-learn, and make these available for restaurants to take advantage of.
- Cross-functional collaboration - work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverage selection and drive growth.
- 7+ years marketing or agency experience in marketing, working across a breadth of marketing fields. Experience in partner marketing preferred.
- Skilled at relationship management, with experience in managing extended groups of demanding stakeholders and a practiced negotiator.
- Detail-oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A great balance of commercial fluency and creative flair - at home facing into a Commercial team and external restaurant businesses on a daily basis.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manager external stakeholders as well as internal team
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.