Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for Care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
The Delivery team is the engine that keeps Deliveroo moving. From logistics algorithms making complex routing decisions; through forecasting demand using predictive models; to the app that riders use out on the road, we have built a network that delivers to millions of happy customers each week. But in order for us to keep at the cutting edge we need your help...
What you’ll be doing
- Own the roadmap for your product.
- Drive the prioritization, conceptual thinking, customer needs evaluation and execution of new or existing products.
- Work hand in hand with stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap aligns with their expectations.
- Collaborate with the engineering, design and data-science managers to plan the execution of initiatives.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure we have a rich backlog of well-written, estimated epics and stories and support the smooth running of the team’s sprint cycles.
- Work closely with the team’s product analyst to calibrate the impact of developments on core business metrics.
- Experience of developing customer focused products in an agile environment, prioritising roadmaps and working with a dedicated team of engineers, data scientists, researchers and designers.
- A leader who can inspire and rally a team around a problem.
- Dedicated to one's users, understanding them emotionally and through data.
- Relentless in the pursuit of excellence, going above and beyond to understand problems and tackle them at source.
- Builds hypotheses from first principles, critically assessing information rather accepting received wisdom.
- Hungry to learn and develop their knowledge and skill set.
- Enjoys getting deep into the data. Experience working with SQL, building simple excel models, working with and building new dashboards is highly desirable.
Preferred, but not required
- Experience of running A/B and multivariate tests, using data to drive decision-making and being willing to question your assumptions.
- Experience of multi-platform development (iOS, Android, web)
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.