As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a motivated and intellectually curious Regional Promo Manager to join our newly formed and expanding Central Promotions function. You will be reporting directly into the Director of Global Promotions and Discounting, but will work very closely with a set of local General Managers and Heads of Marketing, driving direct impact for the local markets you support.
You will also be an integral part of our Promo squad, a cross-functional team composed of promo business owners, a product manager, engineers and data scientists who jointly set their mission and quarterly objectives, and work together to achieve them. You will hence have the ability to directly influence our Central Promo product roadmap and the launch of new promo-related features and functionality.
Your remit will be wide-ranging, but will primarily involve working with our European markets to maximise the effectiveness of Restaurant funded promotions and to recommend optimal deployment of their discounting budgets. This will include advising them on their promotional calendar, recommending specific promo mechanics to use to support their promo objective, ensuring they have robust learning agendas, and providing go-to-market support on existing or newly launched resto-funded promo types.
You will also have the opportunity to own strategic projects end-to-end, and will support the Director in crafting a global consumer-facing promo strategy. You will directly contribute to deepening our understanding of the types of promo mechanics and discounts we should run to drive customer growth, improve value-for-money perception (or drive other key objectives), whilst also being financially sustainable.
Success in this role will require being able to build productive relationships with local markets, taking initiative, applying a data-driven lens to solving challenges in that space, and driving to fast execution.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to our global consumer-centric promotional strategy and frameworks, tailoring them as fit for each local market
- Develop “promotions” playbooks for each of Deliveroo’s markets.
- Work with local markets to create a compelling consumer-led promotional calendar,
- “Operationally manage” promos in priority markets: provide visibility and transparency around how the discounting budget is being used and impact it is driving, creating and executing on Test & learn agendas
- Drive execution by working with our local commercial teams to source relevant and compelling offers for our customers, based on promo calendar, and zone-level identified gaps in offer penetration
- Help broaden our understanding of promo effectiveness as it relates to different objectives (acquisition, share of wallet reactivation)
- Conduct regular competitor benchmarking and extract actionable insights to improve our decision making processes
- Work with markets and data science to ensure alignment on how to systematically measure success of promos across markets; introduce relevant tools and processes to markets
- Identify improvements needed across tool functionality, measurement frameworks, offer, merchandising, etc and size opportunities to support prioritisation
- Work with Product Management to input to technical roadmap definition and prioritisation
- 6+ years work experience, ideally in strategy/consulting and/or with relevant operational experience in the promotional strategy/discounting space
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Excellent project management and communication skills including the ability to influence stakeholders
- Can-do, problem-solving attitude, with a bias towards action
Preferred but not required
- Experience working with multi-country teams
- Experience with marketplace businesses or promotionally-driven high-growth business environments
- French or Italian speaker (for European Regional Promo Manager)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.