As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate and intellectually curious Regional Pricing Manager to join our expanding Pricing & Value team. We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there around how to monetize our business while improving our value for money perception. Pricing is right at the heart of the strategic direction of our global business - and you will not only have the opportunity to own projects end-to-end but regularly support the strategic objectives of our international markets.
As a Pricing Analyst, you’ll provide the analysis to support our overall pricing decision making, helping improve our pricing processes to ensure we deliver a consistent consumer fees experience to customers while balancing Deliveroo’s economic targets, support quarterly reviews and help report on performance. Success in this role will require development of effective working relationships across Deliveroo; particularly the link with the international markets, as well as the Data Science and Finance teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide insightful, data-led analysis to support decision making on overall pricing strategy and price levels across our international markets
- Present information in a consumer-friendly way through well-thought through reporting and dashboards, supporting effective decision making
- Conduct competitor benchmarking analysis and extract actionable insights to improve our decision making processes
- Identify global and market specific customer trends and uncover areas of pricing opportunity that could drive overall growth
- Expand our knowledge of the underlying drivers of price perception and value for money and identify means to improve it
- Help broaden our understanding of price elasticity, especially as this relates to consumer acquisition and order frequency targets
- Contribute new ideas and help size these concepts to support in prioritisation of the test & learn agenda
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, engineering or other quantitative field.
- 3-5+ years experience working in a highly quantitative role, (ideally consulting)
- Experience drawing insight from raw data, analyzing and creating insights to share with leadership
- Advanced skills in manipulating and visualising data (e.g. SQL, Excel, Looker)
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent commercial acumen - an analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.