When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Working in Deliveroo’s Finance Technology team, you will be responsible for ensuring the Finance team is supported in their use of the various technologies they employ to do their job. NetSuite is our core Finance system and it is supplemented by additional applications focused on specific tasks performed or managed by the Finance team.
The Support Lead will:
- Act as the owner of the production systems for all Finance applications, ensuring any changes being introduced to these systems have been appropriately tested.
- Coordinate the work of the offshore 3rd party BAU support team with the assistance of the offshore Senior Consultant, ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner and to the required quality.
- Provide a point of escalation for resolution of support tickets for both end users and the 3rd party BAU support team.
- Report on the status of BAU support tickets, including identifying the underlying causes of recurring issues and working with the Functional Consultants to address these causes.
- Work with end users to educate them on the use of the different supported Finance applications.
- Manage the test environments, ensuring they are kept as close to the production environment as possible.
Key Personal Attributes
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong communication skills, including effective listening and an ability to explain concepts in simple, clear terms
- Empathetic, with an ability to understand issues from an end user perspective
- Proven analytical skills with ability to tackle problems systematically to determine causes and produce effective solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Finance and accounting experience/knowledge
- Experience providing support to both Finance and wider business users
- Experience of working with an offshore 3rd party service provider
- Previous experience supporting users of NetSuite
- Previous experience supporting users of procurement, expense management, reconciliation and/or credit collection platforms or tools (preferred)
- NetSuite Administrator certification, or similar
- ITIL Service Management accreditation, or similar
- Business or IT Degree or equivalent
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around