Technology Procurement Manager - 6 Month FTC
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this is a brand new role that offers a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups at a very exciting stage. The right candidate will support the build of our procurement function from a small but effective team; to a department responsible for circa £280m of cross-functional spend.
Please note this will be a 6 month contract initially - but can extend / convert to a permanent role.
What you'll be doing
This is a Global role, operating from London HQ (post covid), which would involve a wide-range of compliance-related activity, including:
- Own key supplier relationships and lead on negotiations to secure the best possible value for money for Deliveroo
- Own certain procurement compliance processes and contribute to the design and implementation of an effective procure to pay process
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Proactively manage internal stakeholder engagement and communications with suppliers
- Play a key role in the development of strong supplier relationship management across the business
- Supporting innovation through identification and research into potential new suppliers
- Analysis and continual monitoring of 3rd party spend and contract status across the categories
- Degree qualified in related field such as Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing etc
- A minimum of 5 years of Technology / IT category management experience.
- Experienced working in (or with) fast-paced start-ups
- Be a self-starter with a great eye for detail and a proven ability to generate new innovative ideas to drive value across the group
- Ability to interpret complex data from various sources accurately and at pace
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Have excellent communication skills
- An ability to influence, build stakeholder relationships and become a trusted advisor to the business
- Experience in the procurement of applications, tech consultancy services, hardware, software, networks and/or managed services.
Life at Deliveroo
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around