NE is a team who is responsible for incentivising riders to accept some of our most difficult orders while balancing the overall spend budget. This team sits in the overall Delivery team that is responsible for everything from Logistics, the applications the Riders use to accept and deliver orders, and the customer experience in tracking their order being delivered.
One of the more complicated areas is determining how much we pay our riders. Too little and the fleet is too small and we cannot deliver great meals to our customers or too much and the company loses money - NE owns this problem.
The team uses cutting edge ML techniques and builds the systems out that train those machines to find the right way to solve this problem.
You will spend time:
- Line managing a team of Backend Engineers
- Contribute to product strategy, set project goals and drive the project to completion.
- Grow a deeply-skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, data science, operations and other teams across the company.
- Experience as a manager in an engineering environment
- You have been a software engineer building user-focused products at pace
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage your team to continually optimise their code
- You set goals and objectives and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- You’re a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.