Whether it's Beijing, Rome, or Mumbai the way in which each city uniquely interacts with their food defines their culture. Understanding the local nuances of both the consumers and the restaurants in the cities in which Deliveroo operates is a key to our journey of becoming the definitive food company.
As a Growth Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing the strategy to grow the cities within your region. Your role will be commercially focused, however you will work cross-functionally with teams including, operations, marketing and product to ensure local success across restaurant, customer and rider metrics. You’ll manage a team of sales and account management executives whose objective is to grow our partners’ businesses. You will be the face of Yorkshire for Deliveroo.
What you’ll be doing :
- Owning the strategic vision and developing the operational plan for Deliveroo’s Leeds, Liverpool and Sheffield
- Manage Yorkshire’s P&L to ensure we hit profit targets
- Managing, motivating, and ensuring stellar execution from a team of field-basis business development and commercial managers
- Being the face of Deliveroo to top restaurant partners - establishing and maintaining key relationships with our top restaurants
- Liaising with our restaurant and rider operations teams to drive efficiencies and improve customer outcomes
- Working with your local marketing team to accelerate revenue growth
- 4-8 years working in commercial focused roles with P&L responsibility
- Experience managing medium-sized commercial teams, including remote workers
- Comfortable handling negotiations with business owners or C-suite operators
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills whether face to face, through phone or email
- Travel is necessary (2-3 days per week)
Preferred but not required
- Previous general management experience, or experience running your own business.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.