When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
In 5 short years, we have become the #1 food delivery platform with coverage across 38 zones in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories. We have the best three sided marketplace working with over 7,000 partners, including the top restaurant groups and local gems, and 6,000 active riders. Most importantly, we’re just getting started!
About the Department
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the GM and market leadership team to help set the strategic direction of the market
- Join the senior leadership team of one of the largest core markets for Deliveroo
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Support GM in managing the Hong Kong P&L, by ensuring rigorous management of budget and the meeting of key financial targets, while acting as a thought partner to develop and challenge the GM and market leadership team’s thinking on finance and strategy for the market
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Lead your team to discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Build a world class finance and strategy organisation
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set:
- At least 5+ years relevant experience (e.g. within consulting, banking or an in-house strategy and/or commercial finance role) working closely with C-level executives
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams in a complex matrix organization without direct control
Preferred, but not required:
- Finance / investment banking / consulting / accounting or similar background
- In-house F&S experience
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or having worked in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Gym subsidy
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches for the office. Did we mention how much we love food?
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.