Start date: ASAP
Location: Melbourne or Sydney
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll manage a team of 6 Business Development Managers, using your leadership skills to keep them motivated, focused and excited about signing Australia's best restaurants. You’ll consistently be creating a more effective two-way communication between management and the team, whilst maintaining a team sales target.
Your role will include:
- Lots of communication and collaboration: working with the team and upwards with management to ensure goals are achieved
- Monitor sales calls providing detailed notes along with feedback sessions
- Lots of proactive communication: many of your team are working remotely so you'll need to have regular catch ups
- Communicate company goals and strategic decisions to the team
- Communicate deadlines and sales goals to team
- Monitor and drive team activity and metrics using our CRM
- Ensure weekly/monthly team target is exceeded
- Keep the team motivated and focused
Skills you’ll need:
- You’ll have managed field sales teams before and know how to get the best out of the team
- You'll have demonstrated capability in lifting performance and coaching individuals to improve and be the best they can be
- You’ll be comfortable on the phone, talking to people and building rapport with them quickly
- The ability and experience to close sales and lead by example
- Experience and confidence pitching things you’re passionate about
- Be an open communicator, to ensure the team understands Deliveroo’s vision
- You’ll be a problem solver; always looking at how we can remove blockers and improve efficiencies
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Health and Wellbeing: weekly exercise classes plus regular yoga and meditation classes
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.
Please note: this is a 4 month fixed term contract