Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
Oversee the operations of our customer care team in Hong Kong, shaping the team to provide outstanding customer service to our clients by developing effective procedures and ensuring the department runs in an efficient and profitable manner while increasing our customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention.
- Be responsible for the region’s KPIs
- Use Operational Insights across all lines of business (Consumer, Rider, Restaurant) to shape ideas for continuous operational improvement
- Analyse statistics and compile an accurate report to do root cause problem solving and a good understanding of overall team performance
- Accomplish human resource objectives by timely recruiting, selecting and developing employees
- Own and support the delivery of projects that have an impact at a team level for internal or external stakeholders with limited oversight (e.g. creating and rolling out training material with minimal to no managerial input)
- Mentor and develop the team managers and their line-reports to nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Set clear missions and deploy strategies focused on quarterly goals
- Work with our QA team to use their insight to drive and motivate change
- Engage with the People team on team issues and ensure that our processes are adopted in a timely manner
- Improve the overall care experience by creating engaged teammates and customers thereby helping Deliveroo facilitate organic growth
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a managing role and proven leadership skills
- Strategic mindset and ability to influence with exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
- Experience in Contact Centre operations is an advantage
- Strong customer-centric mindset
- Confident in managing multiple stakeholders of different levels
- Project management skills with demonstrated success in meeting high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, and hands-on environment
- Strong client-facing skills
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English is a must. Another language skill such as Mandarin is an advantage
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.