Payroll Assistant UK IRE USA
Deliveroo's Payroll team is looking for a Payroll Assistant to join our team at London HQ. This position requires good technical payroll ability and knowledge of local pay regulations across the region, people skills, and flexibility in working style. This is a fast moving and often ambiguous working environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Ensure all leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the timely necessary exit filings are made with local tax authorities
- To action all necessary work in relation to wages, Pensions, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay and general absence as per policies and legislation
- To prepare input and reconcile employee details - starters/ Leavers/ changes etc, ensuring correct PAYE/NIC treatment, compliance with the policy and pension scheme requirements
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Vendor Management: Partner closely with vendors on local regulations around payroll, stocks, taxes and social insurance
- Partner collaboratively with The People Team and the wider finance team on monthly payroll
- Perform control checks for audit / Headcount report and timely completion of information for ongoing Internal and External audits
- Providing information and employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes which might also involve partnering with other regions across Deliveroo
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact payroll operations
- Directs payroll and related operations for IRE and USA region in an outsourced environment. Manages regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution.
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- To have up to date knowledge of legislation in relation to payroll & Pensions
- A minimum of 2 years UK Inhouse Payroll experience
- Experience with HCM Platforms (ideally Workday, Deputy);
- Demonstrable experience in HR and Finance Operations;
- Deep understanding of operational risk and experience in identifying & implementing controls to mitigate such risks;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment with conflicting demands, and be comfortable with ambiguity;
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues;
- Ability to make considered decisions that protect and enhance Deliveroo values, reputation and commercial interests; and
- Experience in high growth and / or tech start up environments.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.