Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
Our Account Management team owns and manages our restaurant relationships. As Deliveroo continues to scale, we aim to provide best-in-class support to ensure our partners works with us seamlessly. The Partner Administrative Assistant is a passionate team players that work well together and cross functionally with other departments...and of course, they’re organised and have great eyes on detail!
- Maintain the budgeting, sourcing, invoicing, planning and maintaining good relationship with vendors
- Provide full spectrum of administrative functions including restaurant settings, invoice management and payment adjustments
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks
- Maintain account cleanliness
- Takes care of restaurant's engagement records
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Account Management, Sales and Office Management to ensure partners' needs are met
- Ownership of the accounts payable function; liaising with suppliers, raising PO’s and following up on payments with our London finance team.
- Sorting and organising contracts and relevant documents
- Assisting the Account Managers with any ad-hoc administration tasks as required
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- 1 year of experience in administrative role is required
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and oral) to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Great computer skills
- Attentive to detail and possess great organisational skills
- You are a passionate colleague and enjoys working as a team
- You are self driven, with good self management and a can-do-attitude
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.