When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you will be doing:
You will drive data analytics that will directly inform strategic decisions for the commercial team, which includes our sales, account management, and restaurant support functions. We strive to act as a strategic partner to our restaurants, always looking for opportunities to drive growth. To do this, we need to be more data-driven, using insights we gain to make smarter and more impactful business decisions. The analytics associate will be at the centre of this.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning across sales, account management, and partner support
- Create effective reporting and dashboards to review our key decisions and measure effectiveness
- Identify customer trends and uncover areas of opportunity to support scenario planning
- Analytical deep-dives into problems to understand the root causes and find solutions i.e. why did we see a steep drop in order volume in X area for Y restaurant, and how can we reverse the trend?
- Support account managers with prepping data-driven presentations for high profile restaurant clients
- Be the resident expert of all internal analytical tools (Microsoft PPT and Excel, Salesforce, Looker) and lead the efforts to improve adoption and usability of these tools for the wider commercial team
- Project manage high impact commercial and cross-functional initiatives
- Be the in-market POC for internal, international stakeholders for all things analytics
Skills you'll need:
- Minimum of three years work experience
- Demonstrable skills in manipulating and visualising data. The key tools you will master are Excel, Looker and Salesforce. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- The ability to read a P&L and/or an understanding of cost and revenue
- Track record of success running analytical projects that drive results (experience in a high growth business or start-up is a plus)
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels
- Be a teamplayer, able to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment
Benefits and Diversity:
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free Delivery and access to special offers
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Never go thirsty: Coffee machine and stocked fridges
- Daily breakfast, healthy snacks and fruits
- Group insurance covering hospitalisation & surgical, extended major medical, medical outpatient & outpatient specialist and dental
- Voluntary dependent insurance
- Parent friendly working culture with Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefit and Mother’s room available in office
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around