When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started. The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a key member of the in-country management team, you will work closely with the General Manager and local teams, as well as with the Regional Marketing and Central teams (ie. Performance Marketing and Business Intelligence) to design marketing plans that achieve aligned commercial objectives.
You will build and lead a high-performing team tasked with having a strong, data-driven understanding of the country’s overall business objectives, in-market nuances, and a deep understanding of priority customer segments. You and your team will leverage these insights to effectively partner with central teams and influence the global and regional growth strategy. As such, you are responsible for ensuring that implementation of central channels reflects your latest local commercial priorities, competitive landscape and customer insights. Critically, you are also accountable for expert localisation of the regional marketing strategy and delivering on-the-ground execution of the highest standard. Overall, you will drive demand generation campaigns and leverage the broader company ecosystem to engage existing customers and drive weekly active customers. Throughout, you will adopt a test-and-learn approach to continuously enhance executional impact and efficiency. You will also seek innovative opportunities to drive positive commercial impact and create “cut-through” in your channels.
- Manage, support and optimize local marketing team structure and ways of working to run marketing efficiently and effectively
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional projects to execute the regional marketing strategy, working closely with Regional Marketing, country management and central teams to hit commercial targets
- Ensure a deep understanding of the local market proposition to enhance regional and global marketing strategy, creative and comms and run impactful marketing activities at a country level
- Deliver integrated, 360-degree marketing campaigns through the management of local marketing budget, implementing global frameworks locally, engaging Regional Marketing and central teams on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels
- Monitor and share business growth indicators, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and proactively identifying opportunities to accelerate growth
- Embrace test-and-learn to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend
- Share learnings, best practice and campaign results to constantly raise the bar across the organisation to deliver best-in-class marketing
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Champion the customer, whilst working collaboratively and cross-functionally with local country management (commercial, ops, DFB) and HQ teams (Growth, Product, BI, Comms)
- Master's degree in related field (Marketing, Business, or Communication) or equivalent;
- Fluent in French, strong English proficiency and Dutch is plus
- Extensive online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns
- B2C marketing knowledge required; fluent in all aspects of the marketing mix - including brand, media buying, design, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships
- Relevant experience in coordinating and/or leading projects from A to Z with short deadline
- Great analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions that deliver results. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to drive alignment amongst multiple stakeholders across levels for solutions to complex, multi-faceted problems
- Growth mindset and a bias towards test-and-learn approaches
- Experience at a top-performing retail / eComm / tech / FMCG company preferred
- Strong English proficiency
- Willingness to travel (~15-30% of the time - across the local market and to HQ)