Product Operations act as the link between the business and product. They ensure that the products we build are addressing the right problems in the business, and provide valuable feedback for our Product Managers to consider next steps.
The Product Operations Lead will manage a team of Product Operations Managers and be responsible for growing this function. The candidate will be responsible for designing efficient processes, building best practices for product roll outs and guide the coordination and our roadmapping processes across the business.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage a team of Product Operations managers
- Coordinate and support the quarterly and annual roadmapping processes
- Coordinate reporting of quarterly and annual plans for tech
- Set up processes to receive and manage ad-hoc tech asks
- Build playbooks for effective product roll outs
- Communicate to the wider business on the tech roadmap
- Relevant experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills at the exec or VP level
- Lead product roadmapping processes across the business or a large business unit
- Experience in a product operations focused role
- Experience managing a team
- Experience supporting and working in cross-functional projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate a large, complex set of information to senior stakeholders
- Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in having run projects across a varied set of stakeholders including business and technology
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.