Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for an outstanding trainer with a passion to help our team grow and learn! You will be working closely with global and local specialists to design, develop and deliver key training courses to members in the team. You will take up the role as a mentor to employees within our Care team, educating them on core concepts to improve performance.
- Train new recruits on products and services offered by Deliveroo, including contact centre systems, customer service standards and process flows
- Make use of various training tools such as videos, role-plays, PowerPoint, etc to deliver the training in the most effective manner
- Track and report the performance and progress of trainees through assessment and feedback of on-the-job training from the team leads
- Ensure that training is completed in accordance to the training schedule
- Create and update training materials as required
- Conduct refresher training to existing agents either through classroom training or creation of e-learning materials
- Review the training requirements on regular basis for both new joiners and existing staff to propose any changes to the training plan and scope
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team to understand the latest performance issues/gaps of agents and initiate the relevant training for agents’ development
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in customer service training, coaching or talent development roles, preferably in the contact centre environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to cope with tight timeline and work independently without supervision
- Customer-centric mindset and be proactive to challenge status quo
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency in Cantonese and English is a must. Another language skill such as Mandarin is an advantage.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.