When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
A client partner leads the relationship with a designated portfolio of national restaurant groups. They are accountable for the overall health and growth of the portfolio, ensuring that deliveroo is the preferred partner of choice. They lead a pod of account managers and account executives to deepen, expand and grow the health of each restaurant group across the entirety of their national estate.
- Creating joint business plans with the restaurant groups in your portfolio, identifying key business challenges, defining mutual goals and finding compelling ways to solve them
- Owning the contract negotiation and renewal process with your restaurant groups, leading discussions with relevant internal teams where necessary to agree favourable terms
- Establishing a regular cadence of interaction with key stakeholders at each restaurant group to include quarterly business planning, monthly reviews and weekly touchpoints
- Creating a commercial value proposition for your portfolio of restaurants, identifying opportunities to deepen, expand and grow in a way that is mutually beneficial to restaurant groups and deliveroo alike
- Setting clear roles and responsibilities within your pod, aligned to your joint business and value proposition plans
- Managing and motivating your pod team of AMs helping them to grow personally and professionally
- Working closely with the Head of Restaurant Marketing to define and implement best in class campaigns that deliver measurable value for your accounts. Where appropriate aligning your restaurants with broader deliveroo marketing and PR initiatives
- Working with the operations teams and your Account Manager to define and implement best in class operational processes for your restaurant groups
- Tracking and reporting progress against your personal and pod goals and your contribution towards the National Accounts Team goals to the National Director and UKI Leadership team
- Growing and exceeding customer satisfaction, restaurant health and deliveroo output metrics for your portfolio of restaurants
- Becoming a trusted advisor to your key restaurant stakeholders, delivering core business performance whilst providing strategic insights, opinions and guidance about deliveroo, restaurant competitors and the industry as a whole
The role requires a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills and management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- 5-10 years working in client facing, partner or vendor management roles
- Experience managing medium-sized account management teams
- Comfortable handling negotiations with business owners or C-level executives
- Strong business acumen with ability to simplify complex problems
- Good understanding of P&L and experience making tough decisions based on multiple inputs
- Self-starter, hard worker and well organised
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills at all levels
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around