Closing date: Friday 22nd January 2021
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to oversee value strategy and activity for UKI. This covers seasonal promotions, always-on campaigns, targeted promotions, Plus and loyalty in our market. This role will work closely and collaboratively with our central Price & Promotions team, Product teams, Commercial team, and Marketing channel leads, and to deliver best-in-class strategy and plans that deliver against ambitious growth targets. This role reports to the UK Head of Marketing Planning, and is based remotely (during lockdown measures); in London thereafter.
A successful candidate will be an analytical thinker with an orientation towards creativity and ideas. They will have a passion for pricing and promotions, and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems - confident in manipulating and understanding data to get do this. They will be a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail.
- This role is responsible for delivering a promotional strategy across the UK, and leading a direct report to execute promotional campaigns. This role is also responsible for setting our test & learn agenda, and defining our strategy and plan for ‘value’ more broadly for UKI (working collaboratively with our global Plus and Loyalty team, Commercial teams for partner selection, and product team for in-app)).
- Demonstrate excellent marketing leadership: Lead one direct report, and cross functional teams to deliver best in value strategy and execution. Set clear goals/KPIs for your area, define a cross-channel strategy and align the business on how we’ll deliver against these.
- Strong analytical bias, with customer-first mindset: Take a highly analytical approach to understanding why, what and how we should be delivering ‘value’ for our customers, whilst also keeping the customer front of mind. Constantly reviewing learnings and using data-driven decision making to inform how we should adapt, change and pivot as we go. You will also lead on relevant customer research with our Insights team.
- Cross-functional collaboration - Work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that deliver against New Customer and Existing Customer targets, and help prioritise work on our product roadmap.
- Deliver flawless execution: Work with your direct report, and with Marketing Channel leads across the business to execute the plans and campaigns around these flawlessly.
- Manage the UK’s Test & Learn plan: Define our learning objectives, and work collaboratively with our central Price & Promotions team to build a test & learn plan for UKI; ongoing reporting back to the business.
- Be the expert on industry best-practice: Keep your ear to the ground on competitor activity and best practice (both food delivery, and more broadly), to keep the business informed, and help us learn from best practice.
- Make marketing more accessible: Work with the product team to understand how we can create different marketing features on the app for promotions, demonstrate the value of these through test-and-learn, and make these available for restaurants to take advantage of.
- Coach and manage a team: Lead and develop a Marketing Executive to stretch, grow and develop.
- 7+ years marketing experience of growth-driving promotional activity, be it for a retail, consumer goods, restaurant, or something completely different.
- A creative problem solver with analytical bias, and experience working effectively with data science teams
- Strong commercial focus and understanding of business metrics.
- Detail-oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manager external stakeholders as well as internal teams