Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing…
Deliveroo for Business seeks to be the number one provider of food delivery to the workplace in all Deliveroo markets by enabling businesses of all sizes, along with their employees, to easily order food throughout the day and for any occasion. We work with hundreds of Hong Kong's best loved restaurants to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms. The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to liaise between Deliveroo and our corporate customers to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience, while also engaging with new corporations and signing Deliveroo as an official supplier or partner for their office food needs.
- Nurture, grow and manage the relationship between Deliveroo and the corporate customers in Hong Kong
- Assist in growing the corporate portfolio of Deliveroo by engaging corporations from a range of industries
- Liaise with Account Managers to manage all corporate account requests
- Assist in the development of systems and processes to enhance the corporate experience
- Support general marketing activities including events, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Grow our corporate business as a core vertical in Hong Kong, including developing our corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- 4+ years of relevant sales experience, B2B preferred
- Driven and hard working individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to progress within a fast paced start-up environment
- Hong Kong market knowledge required
- Experience in the professional services industry or in a corporate environment is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate confidently in Cantonese and English a must.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.