When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Loyalty to join our Loyalty team. Your focus will be across a number of topics related to global loyalty, including churn prevention, leveraging the value of the new CLV (Customer Lifetime Value) model and designing our end to end approach to our highest value customers (including how to create more of them, retain them better and win them back). The role will sit across a range of geographies and market situations, with a variety of challenges and opportunities in each.
You’ll work closely with the Plus team, but think about loyalty holistically - engaging across the business to influence our approach to service recovery, personalisation, reward and recognition, value for money and brand values. You’ll obsess around how to improve global loyalty metrics such as retention and lifetime value. Success in this role will require building excellent working relationships across Deliveroo, be a confident self-starter and have an ability to influence and make things happen.
What you’ll be doing
- Engage business on the importance of churn prevention ; identify and drive initiatives to reduce churn and increase retention
- Leverage the value of the brand new CLV (Customer Lifetime Value) model, identify new initiatives and engage stakeholders where required
- Design an end to end approach for high value customers (e.g. top decile), working with teams in Customer Care, Customer Experience and CRM - to specifically include reward and recognition for non Plus customers
- Oversee holistic plan (outside of team’s direct execution remit) aimed to improve key drivers of loyalty (Service Recovery, Personalisation, Value for Money and Brand Values)
- Work up new loyalty programme ideas, lead the identification of key opportunities based on the business and wider market trends
- 3+ years experience working in a Customer Loyalty role
- Comfortable in data pulling, handling, and analysis, able to pick out the key insights and experienced in manipulating and visualising data
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously
- Great communication & collaboration skills with a passion for building strong relationships and working cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goal
- Experience communicating to internal and external audiences
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.