When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate and intellectually curious Business Analyst to join our expanding Loyalty team. We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there around how to drive behavioural and attitudinal loyalty with our consumers. Loyalty is right at the heart of the strategic direction of our global business - and you will have the opportunity to own projects from end-to-end.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll provide the analysis to support decision making, identify underlying drivers of performance of the Plus programme, support quarterly reviews and help report on performance. Success in this role will require development of effective working relationships across Deliveroo; particularly the link with Data Science and Finance.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide insightful, high-quality data-led analysis to support decision making in the context of wider business implications
- Understand the underlying drivers of performance of the Plus programme in individual markets and assess levers we can pull to help us achieve our goals
- Understand underlying drivers of customer loyalty and help support decision making on churn prevention
- Support on delivering quarterly reviews on performance, answer ad hoc queries and recommend changes to local markets to meet forecast
- Create effective reporting and dashboards to review our key decisions and measure effectiveness
- Identify customer trends and uncover areas of opportunity to support scenario planning
- Help size concept ideas to support in first stage prioritisation
- 3+ years of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Experience drawing insight from raw data and creating dashboards
- Advanced skills in manipulating and visualising data (e.g. SQL, Excel, Looker)
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels
- Excellent commercial acumen - an analytical problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
- The ability to read a P&L and/or an understanding of cost and revenue
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.