Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing...
You will help make sure our large portfolio of restaurants has everything they need to succeed on Deliveroo. You will use your advanced phone communications skills to help restaurants enhance their menus, improve their delivery operations and develop the best marketing strategies for delivery, among many other things. You will be speaking with dozens of restaurant partners a day, driving outcomes and helping them grow on the Deliveroo platform. This is a junior level role suitable for someone with some call centre and / or sales experience.
The role will involve:
- Outbound Calls: Execute on the launch of new restaurant initiatives, contacting multiple restaurants and driving restaurant engagement. Having goal-oriented conversations with dozens of restaurant partners every day
- Own your call pipeline: Take control over your own call pipeline and use your organisation skills to manage your time and approach, ensuring strong outcomes and conversion rates from calls
- Process Strategy: Iterate our SMB commercial processes to make them the fastest-moving and most impactful in Deliveroo.
- Commercial Initiatives: Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects
Skills you’ll need…
You will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
- Phone-based experience in sales or customer support is a MUST!
- Experience within a fast moving commercial environment, proven track record of hitting daily KPI's and targets
- Experience and confidence in talking to multiple customers
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- 20 days of Annual Holiday Leave plus public holidays, additional leave days for years of service
- “Workout Wednesday” weekly exercise classes close to the office and a ClassPass Corporate discount.
- Weekly Exercise classes close to the office
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.