Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2020, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us. To help us pave the path for 2021 and beyond, we’ve created this brand new role to disrupt how we think about our people strategy.
Reporting to our Strategic Transformation Director, you’ll ask the tough questions to help us avoid organisational debt as we scale globally. You’ll act as a trusted advisor to our executives to anticipate and tackle the hard people challenges that come with growth. This is a permanent role with high visibility and huge potential to drive significant change.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who can employ thought leadership and high EQ to design programs and solutions that support a high-functioning, sustainable organisation. You’ll deep dive into our business, people and financial strategy and work to align our capabilities, teams, structure, and ways of working. This role will be critical in transforming Deliveroo’s operating model while positioning us for long term success.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our People, Finance, and Corporate Strategy teams to implement data-driven decisions and drive a successful, holistic organisational strategy
- Acting as program manager for organisational and related people initiatives, cultivating positive relationships with senior business leaders across global markets
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of business issues, how they translate into people strategy, and leadership goals to effectively impact change
- Providing strategic insights, data-driven recommendations, and thought leadership to the business to define organisational design and priorities
- Effectively leading and direct large-scale organisational change to ensure an engaged, effective, and sustainable workforce
What we’re looking for
- Best-in-class strategy consulting or organisational management experience
- Demonstrated track record of both designing and implementing strategic or operational change in a large, complex organisation
- Strong ability to develop highly effective partnerships across all levels at Deliveroo, applying influence without using formal authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, and project management skills appropriate for executive-level collaboration
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to challenge the status quo while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Solid analytical skills and financial acumen
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we're just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.