Our philosophy is to give everyone a sense of ownership over their own work, and lots of scope for creative problem solving. The level of autonomy and accountability expected for this role makes this ideal for an entrepreneurial” commercially-minded HR partner who brings a strong mix of employee relations and coaching skills. You will proactively orchestrate roll out of systems, processes, and programs to help us continuously raise the talent bar and drive the business to the next level.
This is a fascinating point at which to join an already successful business in a fast-growing, evolving market, leveraging a proven model, great brand, outstanding people, considerable financial firepower and a strongly supportive management team, to help the company realise its full potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide business leaders with pragmatic advice in resolving complex people issues and educate Deliveroo management and teams on HR policies and programs
- Drive and lead Employee Relations and Investigations ensuring that the processes are handled fairly, consistently and in a timely manner
- Collaborate closely with people operations, recruiting, and legal teams to support thoughtful, seamless solution delivery
- Cultivate a strong management team helping build their skills with regular communication and learning programmes
- Independently design, facilitate, and scale Manager Training/Coaching based on data analysis and in coordination with global people leads team
- Provide insights and recommendations for day-to-day operational improvement based on self serve data (e.g. takeaways from engagement survey, etc)
- Help ensure diversity of talent bench and leadership team
- Strong experience in HR business partnership, preferably with exposure to scaling commercial teams and/or consumer-centric tech organisations
- Proven ability to successfully tailor and implement people programs, including performance review processes, talent development programs, and HR policies and practices
- Consistently exhibits high intellect and structured thinking. Robust ability to make prompt, clear decisions when faced with tough difficult tradeoffs or uncertainty.
- Track record of excellent influence and stakeholder management skills across organisational levels and non-technical and technical teams alike
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction; is able to manage energy effectively and consistently deliver under predictable and high-pressure situations alike
- Expertise in mentoring and developing talent to rapidly achieve growth goals
- Friendly, approachable demeanour and communication style
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.