When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you'll be doing:
In a nutshell, you'll ensure our most important accounts are successful. You'll be managing a team of two Account Managers who can be consultants to our partners - building relationships, as well as using data-driven insight and industry knowledge to help them grow. You should be comfortable getting 'hands on', enjoy creative problem solving and be energised by a changing and dynamic environment.
- You'll build strong relationships across Deliveroo's portfolio, and up to C Level with each restaurant partner, so you'll gain a deep understanding of the needs of each partner so we can work effectively with each other.
- You'll create offers that are compelling, creative and sustainable on both sides, and be comfortable negotiating complex deals
- You'll use data to understand where partners can improve, translating this into actionable insights and working with them to deliver best-in-class service to our (and their) customers
- You'll proactively think about how each partner can grow their business to achieve ambitious targets. This will mean working with them to maximise their coverage, increase service availability, drive conversion through menu optimisation and increase traffic through marketing and promotions
- You'll manage a team! You'll build the strategy, as well as coach and mentor to ensure success
- You'll champion the priorities of our partners when working with both local and central teams to ensure we are providing the best service and value across product, marketing and operations
Skills you'll need:
- You'll be a people manager, or have experience in mentoring and / or coaching people
- Proven experience in sales and account management or data driven role
- Data-driven decision making mentality and strong problem solving ability. Able to break down and structure complex problems, verify hypothesis using data, and identify the biggest drivers of value
- Good business understanding and judgement. Able to apply analytical insights in a practical and realistic manner through understanding and applying the needs and constraints of each partner
- Empathetic in dealing with different people. Able to quickly build relationships with internal and external partners.
- You'll enjoy working under pressure and in an environment where not everything is working, so you'll naturally take ownership of problems, rather than worrying about who else should be solving them
- Experience building, cultivating and managing a team in a fast paced environment
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.