When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo Editions has a simple mission: Become the most desirable expansion platform for our restaurants and offer a better and differentiated experience to our customers. Expansion of our Editions format is a key part of our mission to become the definitive food company.
As an Editions Expansion Project Manager based in Paris, France working alongside specialist internal and external teams you’ll coordinate the evaluation of potential Editions sites and supporting the pre-contract and build phases. You’ll deeply understand each opportunity, providing insight and recommendations, identifying risk & mitigation strategies, influencing the development pipeline. Success in this role will require the development of effective working relationships with internal & external stakeholders to drive and maintain an efficient and thorough project management service.
Program & Project Management
- Coordinate and manage construction of new Editions sites and refurbs - you could oversee between 5-10 projects at the same time (new sites and refurbs of existing one)
- Initiate & follow-up (resources/budget/schedule), the 'support to construction' activities
- Ensuring that all projects meet the internal and external milestones, deliver their objectives on schedule and within budget with documentation
- Identifying risks and opportunities related to the projects and insuring that decision points are identified to act upon these
- Overseeing project/program progress and maintaining project timelines
- Full budget management from feasibility through to final account
- Carrying out post project reviews to establish learnings and best practice
Team Leadership :
- Coordinate cross functional teams to complete projects and execute programs that further the key business objectives
- Communicate with key stakeholders, through accurate and timely reporting
- Enforce compliance with all statutory legislation
- Builds strong strategic alliances with internal and external partners to achieve key objectives.
- Liaising with the Acquisition managers for financial appraisals of the proposed development projects
- Develops customer-oriented working practices and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Participate in the design and validation of technical plans,
- Analyze the functional and technical needs of the specifications
- Transcribe these needs into industrial technical characteristics or constraints
- Participate in the negotiation of supplier contracts and the monitoring of associated contractual terms
- Validate technical choices during the project
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
- Fluent in French and English
- Technical expertise related to the construction of a structure
- Minimum 5+ years project management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Client side experience, ideal
- A driven and flexible self starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Food & Beverage and/or commercial catering experience essential
- Flexible and available for nationwide travel
- Experience with managing multiple projects
- Good technical understanding
- Engaged with the property aspect of business
- Proven ability to deliver full turnkey projects from inception to handover
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around