Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the team
The Business Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities.
You will …
- Drive cross functional initiatives working with local teams and HQ
- Help define and continuously track KPIs across various team functions
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews using operational metrics and identify anomalies
- Understand factors that are driving under-performance and how to make improvements
- Suggest potential changes in local strategy and process, use analytics to support recommendations
- Track competitor movements to understand market share and dynamics
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility …
- Be inquisitive and curious to challenge the status quo in a fast-paced working environment
- Analytical and comfortable with drawing insights from datasets
- Effective communicator - Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of middle to senior-level stakeholders
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions
- Excel required
- SQL & Python - preferred
- University students graduating in or after 2021