Head of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong and grow.
In this position, you will lead Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) at Deliveroo: setting the strategy, owning the roadmap and ensuring we meet our objectives both internally (creating a company where everyone can belong) and externally (using our global footprint and commercial partnerships to effect wider change).
We’ve already taken some exciting steps forward towards our goal, and are now ready to hire our first dedicated lead. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company still early in its journey. You’ll report to the Chief People Officer and will work with stakeholders at all levels, building on top of an existing platform of strong buy-in and support.
- Develop and oversee DIB strategy and execution in collaboration with senior leadership and departmental heads globally.
- Partner with the executive team on developing a global strategy, decision-making, communications and initiative implementation.
- Review, design and execute on improvements to D&I data trends, defining and assessing key metrics and deliverables.
- Collaborate across and partner with talent development, talent acquisition, people operations and employee relations to fulfil DIB objectives and ensure our solutions scale globally.
- Oversee, support and ensure resourcing for Deliveroo’s employee groups, communities and committees.
- Design a metrics-based approach and processes to create insight to improve decision-making and accountability around our DIB commitments and investments.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Communications to establish Deliveroo as an employer of choice for underrepresented groups.
- Design and implement professional growth and development initiatives to support equitable development of underrepresented employees.
- Establish connections with external networks, groups and organizations to further Deliveroo’s DIB objectives around awareness, enablement and accessible pathways into the business.
- 4+ years experience leading diversity and inclusion programs, including building and launching initiatives from the ground-up.
- In addition to 5+ years experience building and driving large-scale programs and projects.
- Experience working directly with senior stakeholders cross-functionally across all disciplines.
- Experience in planning and developing strategic plans and initiatives.
- Adept at working with data to inform strategy and set and measure goals.
- Proven experience organising and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Demonstrable leadership experience and a strong strategic mindset.
- Management experience is preferred, but not essential.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.