When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
This is an 18-month fixed term opportunity to join the Commercial Partnerships Team within our New Businesses department. Reporting into the Head of New Revenue, you will be responsible for the day-to-day relationship management of a designated portfolio of strategic Deliveroo FMCG partners.
You will be involved in shaping the partnerships, and delivering against jointly agreed business objectives. You will be accountable for the health of the portfolio, and individual partners, ensuring that they each have the support they need to execute growth campaigns that will increase their performance on both their owned menu pages, and all channels on the Deliveroo platform.
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of partner specific KPIs, preparing and presenting partner performance review meetings with key stakeholders
- Developing and managing long-term partnerships with key FMCG brands, specifically with heads of e-commerce/d-commerce, brand and marketing
- Building and delivering insight during quarterly planning sessions and reviews in support of your partner. Provide insight and guidance on how to optimise and grow delivery as a channel.
- Increasing revenue, health metrics and investment by consulting partners on best practice, through analysing and driving actions from performance data
- Identifying opportunities to deepen and grow the relationship with key partners by involving and working cross-functionally with other internal Deliveroo teams
- Managing menu optimization activities and onboarding Pick Up Points / E-commerce Stores
- Working with marketing counterparts to design, execute and evaluate marketing campaigns that drive value for partners
- You will have demonstrable experience in account management, campaign execution or similar, preferably within FMCG or a fast-growing company
- You will be comfortable analysing large data sets, using this data to recommend actions for internal and external stakeholders
- You will have a proven track-record in meeting and exceeding growth targets
- You will be an ambitious self starter, with drive to make things happen independently and through collaboration
- You will be an effective relationship-builder and have strong communication skills
- You will be a creative negotiator and ideally have experience in cross-team stakeholder management
- You will possess a good understanding of a P&L, and an interest in expanding on your knowledge on this subject
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around