Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the Department
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the GM and country leadership team to help set the strategic direction of the market
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Build a world class finance and strategy organisation
You will need:
- At least 2-3+ years experience working closely with senior leadership
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excels at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Demonstrated proficient presentation skills and analytical ability (excel / google sheets)
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.