This role is part of the Commercial Operations team within the Commercial Org. You’ll be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization, partnering closely with senior commercial leadership and the broader sales team to drive growth initiatives.
This is a broad and varied role for someone with an entrepreneurial background and/or mindset. You will define what the sales function should look like at Deliveroo and drive initiatives to lead to the best sales outcomes. In this functional role, you will run an array of internal projects - some reactive and some proactive in nature - with the objective to deliver significant results to the business. Some of the key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Define go-to-market strategy for sales across our markets
- Identify sales opportunities and work closely with our B2B marketing team to run various marketing campaigns to generate leads
- Design sales workflows and processes with our sales tech team to implement scalable systems and tools to drive operational efficiencies
- Define, manage and provide insights on key sales performance metrics
- 4-5 years experience in consulting, sales operations, or a commercial analytics role
- Advanced ability to problem solve in complex environments - using a blend of ‘scrappyness’, deep analysis, and cross functional collaboration
- Has an enthusiastic ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
- Experience in collaborating cross functionally with senior business leaders
- Strong analytical ability (advanced excel and Looker/Tableau minimum, SQL preferred)
- Experience analysing / optimising user journeys - from acquisition through to retention
- Knowledge / previous experience with Salesforce preferable
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.