This is a varied, fast-paced role where you will be the lead point of contact for driving efficiencies and co-ordinating the execution of strategic initiatives across procurement and supply chain. This includes facilitating communications across global operations and procurement. The Deliveroo Supply Chain is constantly evolving to meet Deliveroo’s needs. Identifying and delivering appropriate solutions, whilst continuing to drive efficiency and process improvement is critical.
Working as part of a dynamic team within the New Businesses Department, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager for Global Procurement and Supply Chain. You will be trusted to work autonomously in the supply chain organisation, with work streams that can at times be ambiguous. You would be comfortable to contribute in defining ways of working and driving greater efficiencies.
You would work closely with the following stakeholders:
- Local Markets - work with local teams to optimise processes and plan future requirements.
- Logistics and Warehousing Providers - optimise 3rd Party Logistics Providers to ensure supply chain efficiencies are met, and reduce expenditure through associated storage costs, delivering across multiple key objectives set at group level.
- Rider and restaurant kit colleagues - partner with Deliveroo operational and strategic teams to understand and lead the execution of strategic plans. Share learnings with other key teams inside the Supply Chain and Procurement organisation.
- Senior Leadership - presenting your ideas and activities to senior leadership on a regular cadence, overseeing governance of top to top schedules where required.
- Coordinate and execute against key strategic objectives in partnership with internal and external consulting partners.
- Own the calculation and verification of defined efficiencies, contribute to setting yearly KPI’s
- Lead in building robust processes to ensure stock accuracy and visibility, unblocking options to proceed to automation or offshoring and leading associated business cases
- Manage multiple cross-functional work streams effectively, with a stakeholder-centric focus.
- DETAIL ORIENTED: You’ll be working on executing supply plans in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Speed and accuracy are equally important; as is challenging your colleagues when you identify situations where lack of clarity will have a potential supply chain impact
- ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved; you should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions where required
- DECISIVE AND ACTION-ORIENTED: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You will also need to recommend courses of action and be able to bring colleagues along with you in order to execute successfully
Has strong experience in an operational role in a high growth startup, logistics firm or retailer (ideally supply chain, but could be purchasing, sourcing, supplier project management or similar)
Has experience of managing multiple stakeholders
Has a deep desire to solve and dive deep into real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions; but can also roll their sleeves up and get involved in high volumes of transactional work
Can prioritise effectively across multiple workstreams
Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to inspire a bias for action
Has solid Excel and modelling skills