The Payroll team is looking for an APAC Payroll Lead.
This position requires good technical payroll ability and knowledge of local pay regulations across the region, strong analytical skills, people skills, vendor management, flexibility in working style and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes.
This is a fast moving and often ambiguous working environment. This person will report directly to the Head of Global Payroll (HQ) and will partner closely with the APAC People Lead, finance, and vendors, to lead improvements and act as a key stakeholder in leading regional payroll processes.
- Drive the preparation of individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed and included within agreed upon KPIs
- Ensure all starters and leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the timely necessary filings are made with local tax authorities
- Manage benefits in kind (BIK) and its implications on both the employee and employer
- Oversee the overall payroll calendar and manage key deadlines for all APAC countries
- Direct payroll and related operations for APAC region in an outsourced environment. Manage regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery and issue resolution.
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- Perform month to month analysis on Employment Cost
- Perform control checks for audit / Headcount report and timely completion of information for ongoing Internal and External audits (periodic and year end tasks)
- Provide information and employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Mentor the APAC payroll team, playing an active role in professional development
- Travel to local jurisdictions in order to develop strong working relationships and resolve issues real time.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders including General Managers, People Team, Finance and Ops to ensure the teams are compliant and aware of the changes in local country specific regulations
- Vendor Management: Partner closely with vendors on local regulations around payroll, options, taxes and social insurance
- Partner collaboratively with The People Team and the wider finance team on monthly payroll
- Working with Legal, Tax and Finance to create payroll compliance framework and day-to-day process for new markets as we expand
- Partner closely with system/HR platform changes. Assess the risk and develop contingency plans
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes which might also involve partnering with other regions across Deliveroo
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact payroll operations
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements
- Monitor and improve Payroll process for Global Mobility
- Work with the team in evolving SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines. Drive implementation of operational KPI outlining current performance and improvement opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in HR/Payroll, Finance or Accounting
- Extensive APAC payroll experience and a strong understanding and working knowledge of taxation and legislation surrounding APAC payroll
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving abilities and strong data and analysis skills
- Strong people skills, self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience with HRIS transition and data interface, Global Mobility and understanding of personal income tax implication
- Flexibility to travel and work across multiple time zones in order to provide the right level of support to applicable markets at the right time
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the business and particularly strong in the ability to impact and influence partners/vendors to achieve results
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
You'll be a great fit if you
- Have excellent follow-through skills and ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects
- Have demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Have experience working with start- up companies and developing solutions in complex, less structured environments which move fast
- Are comfortable with ambiguity
- Have an excellent eye for detail