Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200+ cities in 13 markets, and are growing fast. We are backed by $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to lead our business in Spain. As GM, you’ll manage the P&L and oversee strategy for one of our key markets, building and leading world-class operations and commercial teams executing across all three sides of our marketplace (consumers, riders, restaurants).
We are looking for an executor: seasoned people leader, hands-on with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativity and a true passion for our business. We like to move fast, and so should you.
- Full P&L ownership of the Spanish business. Drive business growth in-line with targets and the market opportunity.
- Understand and leverage the fundamental market dynamics for the food industry, and translate this knowledge into an actionable strategy for growth.
- Provide leadership on a day-to-day basis to the team, create a compelling vision and develop a high-performing unit with a strong sense of unity and desire to win together.
- Drive consumer demand and ensure the right systems are in place to scalably acquire, on-board and manage the best restaurant selection in the market.
- Consolidate the Deliveroo brand as the definitive household name in the market, building on a high level of recognition in the industry.
- Understand our customers, restaurants and riders better than anyone else, constantly experimenting and developing solutions to address their needs.
- Know the market and competitive landscape inside-out, leveraging these insights to win the market. Establish yourself as a thought-leader both internally and externally.
- Drive and enable the team to make robust decisions by equipping the business with the right data and insights, from both internal systems and external stakeholders.
- Publicly represent Deliveroo and grow its reputation as an innovator.
- Strong commercial background with broad experience in business development, marketing, and general management.
- Consistent record of achieving and exceeding targets and driving meaningful business growth.
- Track record of successfully leading teams in fast moving, consumer facing, technology led companies.
- Stellar people management skills with a history of attracting and developing exceptional talent.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of P&L management and an ability to drive unit economics, develop and manage budgets.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment based upon a strong vision for the market, backed by a rigorous and data-driven approach to identifying, prioritising and tackling opportunities.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment, dealing with ambiguity, and in high-pressure situations working to tight deadlines.
- The resilience and resourcefulness to pursue opportunities relentlessly and urgently.
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, extremely well organised and exceptional attention to detail.
- Team oriented at all times, with excellent interpersonal skills, down to earth and fun to work with
- 100% fluency in Spanish and English is required
This role is based in our Spanish HQ office in Madrid.