Job Title: VP, Finance and Strategy
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 01/09/2020
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business and delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
Given the high growth nature of Deliveroo’s business, the role will require a large degree of execution and setting up processes and leveraging best practices from your prior experiences.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage a team of Finance and Strategy Directors globally
- Work closely with global leadership teams to help set the strategic direction of the company
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Collaborate with senior leadership in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Project management of cross-functional finance-related projects
- Lead your team to discover, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Build a world class finance and strategy organisation which aligns with Deliveroo's global goals
We are looking for someone who is:
- Entrepreneurial, commercial and highly analytical
- An exceptionally strong and clear communicator
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excels at solving unstructured problems
- Experienced working with high-growth organizations, preferably technology companies
- At least 5 years experience in a cross-functional finance leadership role, ideally in a high-growth international business, at least 10 years of experience in any combination of private equity, investment banking, venture capital, corporate strategy or consultancy.
- Deep understanding of P&Ls and the drivers of positive and negative performance
- Experience leveraging enterprise financial and planning platforms.
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders including at the executive level.
- Experience building, developing and managing high-performing teams.
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.