When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The primary role of the Corporate Account Manager is to liaise between Deliveroo and our corporate customers to provide a world-class Deliveroo experience.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Account Manager will include:
- Managing all corporate account requests, while liaising amongst your direct colleagues, the Corporate Customer Service Team, Driver Operations and the Restaurant Account Management Team.
- Ensuring that complaints are passed on to the right departments and dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Proactively nurture and grow each of your assigned accounts through any means necessary
- Follow up administrative and financial tasks related to your accounts.
- Design and execute corporate marketing actions to grow the number of orders.
- Help all new business customers as soon as they are active on our platform.
We’re looking for a bright, articulate and confident person who enjoys working at a fast pace, with competing priorities. A creative, strategic and practical thinker, you’re keen to ensure both people and processes perform better than ever! With a perfect combination of business mindset and relationship building skills, you have what it takes to engage and influence others, and solve problems collaboratively. This position would be suited to someone at graduate level, who is enthusiastic about securing a client facing role in a huge growth area of the business.
We want people with...
- A genuine passion to provide the highest level of customer service
- A keen eye for the most minute detail
- The ability to tackle several complex problems without missing a step and managing time effectively
- A real hunger to succeed and ambition to grow
- Confident communicator that is confident liaising with a diverse range of people, particularly senior members of all kinds of businesses.
- Previous client relationship management experience
- The ability to communicate at ease in 3 languages (Dutch - French - English)
- Any B2B sales experience in a services firm will be a strong advantage
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.