The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2020, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a CRM Executive you are the voice of Deliveroo when speaking to our existing customers. You'll build, proof, send and approve targeted campaigns, including campaigns that support our overall marketing calendar and those that you come up with yourself. Overall, you'll want to create campaigns that are meaningful to customers, use the right channels at the right time and that have a positive business impact. You'll sit within the CRM team, but work closely with teams from across the whole business, including our overseas teams.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate and technical email marketer, who puts the customer at the centre of their campaign execution. You'll be the kind of person who enthusiastically looks at your metrics soon after a send, and you'll get excited about new ideas, new channels and new campaigns. You'll work well with others and arrive at kick-off meetings for a new campaign full of ideas (based on what we've learnt through data and your own inspiration).
To Do All Of This, You'll
- Collaborate with the CRM Director and other CRM Execs to manage, create and deploy campaigns
- Manage a campaign calendar to ensure that regularly-scheduled sends are completed in a timely fashion, and that unscheduled sends are executed in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Build emails, push notifications and in app messages
- Create experiments to build up an idea of CRM best practice
- Manage your stakeholders, such as the marketing team and local markets, through proactive communication and sticking to deadlines (we love Slack channels for everything)
- Conduct post campaign reporting, pulling out the most interesting lessons and using these to guide your future ideas
- Be comfortable with data -- pulling it, manipulating it and interpreting it
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing or Business preferred) or strong relevant experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years email application experience
- Highly computer literate with:
- HTML familiarity (ability to understand where changes need to be made)
- CSS (preferable)
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop (preferred)
- Email coding (responsive design)
- Email deployment experience (Braze experience preferred
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.