Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The Role and Team you will be part of:
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Hong Kong, encompassing reliability, availability and efficiency. Also ensuring that we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time. Additionally, optimising the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo whilst taking into consideration the customer’s delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
What you will do:
- Using analytics to improve our rider delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Matching supply and demand - using a range of measures to ensure that we have enough riders in the right place at the right time.
- Partnering with stakeholders from other departments to drive alignment with upcoming business priorities
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement - identifying, prioritising and managing projects to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
What skills are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 years of experience with proficiency in SQL and Data analytics.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English (written and oral) to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
- Logical, Analytical and Strategic Thinking - able to review large data sets to extract relevant information paired with sound logic to identify key opportunities and challenges
- Effective communicator - able to share ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- Project and Workload management - able to scope a project, collect resources and identify relevant stakeholders, to deliver impactful results within deadline
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups around.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous