When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Job Title: Product Director
Location: Cannon Street, London
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep operations working smoothly.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
As a Product Director you will lead product within one of our core product areas: Restaurants, Riders, Consumer, Payments, Growth, and Platform. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the product development and strategy within that respective area while working with internal and external stakeholders and communicating a vision and roadmap to leadership. Additionally, you’ll also guide and mentor a team of exceptional Product Managers on a variety of areas as we scale further.
- Partner closely with VPs, Product Managers, and a wide range of disciplines and functions (Data Science, Finance, Research, Marketing, Design) to define and evolve a product strategy for your team and relevant partners.
- Leverage a rapid test and learn approach to execute on this strategy, identifying new and innovative ways to help our partners grow and secure our relationships with them.
- Work closely with product marketing to take new products to market.
- Build and lead a team of product managers, by both recruiting new talent into the business and by coaching their development.
- Work with your team of product managers to gather customer requirements, define product roadmaps, milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure that product, methodology definition, engineering, and other aspects of product development come together seamlessly throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams across the business, both centrally and across the 12 markets in which we operate - across product, commercial, sales, marketing, and operations.
- Experience partnering with engineers and product designers, overseeing a dedicated team and leading product prioritisation, the roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Experience managing and mentoring Product Managers
- Execution of product strategy across multiple feature teams
- Experience applying an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work and the biggest impact on Deliveroo
- An understanding of how to run A/B and multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making, and are willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, quickly-changing atmosphere
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around